Welcome!

Welcome to the Blog of a Skirmish wargamer! I hope you enjoy reading it!



All my rule sets are freely downloadable from our club website's Downloads page





If you need to contact me my E-Mail address is richardbradley5@gmail.com







Sunday 25 November 2012

Foggy SmoggyCon!

Today, there was no normal club, instead, I was given a lift by my friend Lawrence's wife, Rowena, to Smoggycon, the last show in the North east of England in 2012!

Having never been before , but having heard good reports, I stuffed my pockets with readies and, together with Lawrence and Ian, braved the cold and damp of Middlesbrough...

As we approached the Southlands leisure centre, the cloud descended...
The show was replete with the usual traders..and Demo/participation games.
Our friends from Durham Wargames club with a spectacular WW1 battle...
Using the Two Fat Lardies rules.. 
 The lighting was good especially in the theatre hall, the sport hall had a yellowish light, reminiscent of Border Reiver!
 Durham Pals, and the ACW reenactors were resplendent in the bar, one of the 'danged yankees' even let me handle his Enfield rifle..Nice!
Dave Thomas' tempting display, lots of lovely figures! 
Other traders were catering to players of all ages, judging by the top row! 
 Derwentside Wargames clubs pretty 'Old west' township.
This side of the road, pure Hollywood, this side, New Mexico! 
  Just makes you want to walk the walk, six gun in hand!
 Our friends at Westerhope Wargames club were doing a Romans Vs British WAB game.
Happily, The Last Valley were there too and tempted me to spend the last of my money...it was SO worth it though! 
Rowena, Lawrence and Ian with the owner! 
 See what I mean about the lighting in the Sports Hall!
Dashing Dice's game, easily the nicest looking game IMHO! 
  AAG, a Witch, a Witch! 
 Trading Post's Battle of Camden game.
 Our (Tyneside Wargames club) .. lads massive War of the Spanish Succession 10mm game. (Sorry about the unflattering pic Frankie!)
 Independent Wargames group's 7 years war game.
 Some nice figures there!
 Hoka Hey's Elizabethan range, quite nice looking!
 Ah yes, there are Brain Candies Zombies lurking in a corner!
We were all glad to see Phil (left), not working a Saturday for once!
 Even Andy (Count Belisarius) came, his blog will no doubt eclipse mine with his picture quality! (His Blog post is at: Another slight diversion )
 So, replete with lats of goodies, we left, the cloud was STILL there! 
I definitely think that its worth coming back to...
 Next year!


My apologies for the many traders and games I haven't featured, there were some good games I didn't get photos of, especially the WW2 ones...blame the yellow lighting!...and my forgetfulness!

2 comments:

  1. Nice account. I like seeing conventions on blogs and find out what I am missing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice write-up Richard. And better pics than mine! The yellow light in the main hall ruined most of mine and I didn't take that many anyway!

    Andy

    ReplyDelete